Affected by chestnut ink disease, some forests in the north of Ile-de-France (Paris region) are rapidly dying out. Such is the damage in Montmorency – where chestnut trees currently represent 70% of its cover – that the forest was classified as being in a health crisis in 2018. When the trees are diseased or dead, the French National Forests Office (Office national des forêts, ONF), a partner of A Tree for You, must then resort to sanitation cutting. This project, exclusively reserved for RED by SFR clients, seeks to restore healthy afforestation with more resistant species: the sessile oak, together with a natural increase in birch trees, whitebeam…
95% of the donations received will be put into the project and the remaining 5% used to cover the running costs of A Tree For You
Up to 66% of donations as an individual are tax deductible from your taxable income, to a limit of 20% of the taxable income, if you are a tax resident of France.
For example, after tax deductions:
The tax receipt for your donations is available in your donor area – under My Donations, then Tax Receipts. donations and tax receipts. For this, please make sure to complete your postal details in your profile.
If you make another donation in the same tax year, the tax receipt will automatically be updated in your space. Don’t forget to download the latest version before attaching it to your tax return!
In the Sidama area in southern Ethiopia, most of the coffee production is provided by small scale farmers weakened by coffee prices’ variations, difficult weather conditions and a high cost of inputs. The plantation of 297,000 remaining trees in coffee plantations, using an agroforestry model, will ensure the long-term sustainability of family farming, reduce soil erosion, optimise land use and increase revenue for more than 5,500 farmers through the plantation of forest and fruit species.
This project is fully funded by Fondation Total.
French Guiana boasts over 1,500 tree species and is one of the world’s five High-Biodiversity Wilderness Areas (HBWA). This diversity is under threat from gold mining and increasing urbanization. In addition, there is little know-how today to preserve local tree species. This project involves planting 625 trees to establish a seed orchard with species endemic to this particular territory, which, over time, will help preserve and restore the natural environment currently under threat.
In the Haute-Matsiatra region of Madagascar, the Soarano drainage basin is suffering from water shortages at the end of its dry seasons due to severe soil erosion, generating conflict within the Ambalavao community over the use of water for farming and domestic purposes. By planting 25,000 trees, the KOLORANO project aims to disseminate various agroecological practices to boost these these fragile environments and safeguard water and food for the local population.
This project is fully funded by Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque.
You have a question, a suggestion, or you want to propose a project ... write your message and we will answer you very quickly. Thank you
©2021 A Tree For You